Hi and thank you for visiting my site. Having loved art at school, but without direction, I pursued a career in Banking, however now later on in life, having attended many classes and courses, I have the skills, opportunity and drive to pick up the mantle.
My work is contemporary in style, quite graphic at times, I am still experimenting, I am in love with colour and texture, and have been told that sometimes my work resembles textile design. I like to have fun and don’t take myself too seriously, and I like to think this shows in my work.
At the moment I am obsessed with seedheads and flowers, sometimes representational, sometimes abstract, I work in Pastels, oils, acrylics and mixed media, I also produce abstract images and Landscapes, with the occasional still life.
If you have time why not visit my Facebook page simply Jill Crowther ART, I have exhibited regularly at the Church Lane Gallery Banbury, and the Chipping Norton Peoples gallery at the CN Health Centre, However I moved to Herefordshire, in December 2018 and had a very successful H.art Exhibition from home in September 2019 . I now work from a little studio at the Apple Store Gallery in Hereford, where my work is currently exhibiting in the gallery until the end of March 2021. At other times please feel free to visit where my work is on display in the studio area. I will be taking part in H.art again this year at the Apple Store Gallery as a resident artist.
Upcoming exhibitions 2021
- With HACS Easter Exhibition
- Featured Artist in March with the CARAD Rhayader Museum and Gallery
- International Women’s day event at the Apple Store Gallery March/April
- Joint Exhibition between ASG and The Courtyard gallery Hereford for the celebrating the May Fair 14th April to 22nd May.
- Made in the Marches Gallery Kington Hereford displaying at the Baptist Church Bridge Street 3 miniatures will be on display.
- In collaboration with the Hereford Wildlife Trust at the ASG, June.
- H.Art (including Herefordshire open Exhibition at the courtyard gallery) September.